Saturday, 16 February 2013

BB creams : Garnier VS maybelline

Hello everybody!!!

I have been using two bb creams lately and have noticed some pros and cons as well as differences for both of them!

These two were also the most easily accessible were I live but I've noticed that they are also accessible worldwide.

Here are some pictures and swatches.




Maybelline bb cream

Maybelline bb cream


 Garnier bb cream

 Garnier bb cream



 Right : Garnier Left : Maybelline

 Right : Maybelline Left : Garnier

Right : Maybelline Left : Garnier

My skin in winter is kind of normal to oily with acne and acne scars.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

My Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is in fair and it claims that is a 8-in-1 BB cream instant fresh-faced glow that

  1. Creates a natural glow (yes it does)
  2. Compliments skin-tone (yes)
  3. Has SPF 30 UV protection (if it says sooo :P)
  4. Hydrates all day (most of the day to be exact)
  5. Blurs imperfections (not really)
  6. Is oil-free, non-greasy (I don't think it is really greasy, but if you have extremely oily skin I wouldn't recommend it)
  7. Looks visibly smooth (yes it looks pretty smooth and natural)
  8. Feels fresh (It is not heavy, but you still know you have something in your face)
Other than that it is 30ml, it costs about 10 euros, you can find it in any maybelline stand and has a light smell of sunscreen which is not overpowering.

The pros 
  • It is hydrating
  • The colour variety is amazing, so you can find the perfect match for your skin tone in their range
  • The finish looks really natural/ as if your are not wearing any make up 
  • It has SPF 30
  • It has an illuminating effect
  • It is buildable
The cons
  • It doesn't last on your skin and needs constantly touch-ups
  • The coverage is really light you definitely have to use concealer
  • Sometimes it can be kind of greasy, if your skin gets dry in winter like mine though it is ok
Overall this bb cream is nice because I could find my exact skin colour, it blurs nicely and looks natural. However if you want it to cover your imperfections, I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to apply concealer over them. Also I could never use it in summer when my skin is really oily and because I feel that it would be running off my face.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream For Combination to Oily Skin

My Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream For Combination to Oily Skin is in light and it claims that it creates a perfect skin in just one step, Garnier has combined ultra-absorbent perlite with mineral pigments. Your skin is instantly mattified, luminous and appears more even. Results you can immediately feel and see on your skin. 

It is 40ml, it costs about 10 euros, you can find it in any supermarket in smells very, very lightly of flowers.

 The pros
  • The coverage is excellent, you almost can't see any imperfections. It may be a BB cream but it covers like a foundation.
  • Has an SPF 20 
  • Contains 10 more ml than the maybelline one
  • The packaging is pretty great, the applicator is really small so you can control the quantity you want to use perfectly
  • It helps with break-out, which is pretty awesome. Not a massive change though. I have only used it for three weeks though so... maybe I'll do an update post if it proofs it does better.
  • It lasts for a good amount of time would probably say for about 6 hours.
The cons

  • It only comes in two colours light and dark and the light, is not light enough for me :(
  • It can look kind of cakey
  • It does not hydrate like the maybelline one, but it is not drying

Overall the fact that it was medium to full coverage and that it affected my acne in a good way were pretty cool but I really disliked the incompatibility with my natural face tone.

 All in all I prefer the maybelline bb cream for the day when the natural sunlight is  really bright and I want a very natural finish to my make up and the garnier bb cream for the night or for when I am in a hurry and want good coverage.

I hoped these two reviews have been helpful 
Thank you for reading!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!
    I've been using the Maybelline one but I have oily skin, so I may try the Garnier BB cream to try to get a more matte effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the garnier one I think you are going to love it!

      Delete
  2. Hi.. I have combination of oily and dry. I was goin to buy garnier and I had confusion. But u solved it . But sad to hear it has only 2 shades.

    ReplyDelete

I always smile when I read your comments and appreciate and answer every one of them! Feel free to leave a link to your blog!
Πάντα χαμογελάω όταν διαβάζω τα σχόλιά σας, τα εκτιμώ απίστευτα και απαντάω σε όλα! Μπορείτε αν θέλετε να αφήσετε σύνδεσμο για το blog σας!