Thursday, 8 October 2015

Cream eyeshadows: Maybelline colour tattoo vs mac paint pot








Recently I was in a Mac store and though I'd pick an item that has been forever on my wishlist which is the paint pot in rubanesce. Not long after, I had the chance to get anything I wanted from Sephora for a discount price so I picked up maybelline's colour tattoo 24hr in permanent taupe. I got them together and I have been wearing them together ever since but I thought they did have some differences, with the most discrete being the price one. So one on one, here are they:



Mac Paintpot in Rubanesce

Texture: Soft and silk. Easy to apply without much pressure and to smudge as desired for a few seconds.
Price: Expensive: 18€
Colour pay-off: Amazing, full colour with a small amount as you can see on the swatch.
How much there is in each package: 5 gr.
Packaging: Beautiful but too heavy to be practical, I've dropped it due to its weight some times but has taken no damage.
Longevity: Lasts all day long and doesn't smudge or run and even makes every eyeshadow you put on top last all day as well (in heat as well).


Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe 

Texture: Much chalkier than the mac paintpot and much harder to apply.
Price: 8,45€, much less than the mac paintpot.
Colour pay-off: Amazing, full colour with a small amount and the certain color I have is really mat.
How much there is in each package: 4 gr.
Packaging: Lighter and much more practical than the mac one.
Longevity: The same as the mac paintpot.

All in all the main drawback of the maybelline is that you need to be more careful when applying it as it is chalky, but other than that and the smallest range of colours it isn't worse than the mac one, especially when it comes to longevity.

Have you tried any? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Έχω paint pot και τα χρησιμοποιώ πάντα σαν βάση για τις σκιές. Δεν έτυχε μέχρι στιγμής να δοκιμάσω κάποιο Color Tattoo, όσες φορές θέλησα να πάρω τα χρώματα που είχαν στο σταντ δεν μου άρεσαν! Φιλάκια!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σε καταλαβαίνω τα χρώματα είναι πολύ περιορισμένα.

      Delete

I always smile when I read your comments and appreciate and answer every one of them! Feel free to leave a link to your blog!
Πάντα χαμογελάω όταν διαβάζω τα σχόλιά σας, τα εκτιμώ απίστευτα και απαντάω σε όλα! Μπορείτε αν θέλετε να αφήσετε σύνδεσμο για το blog σας!