Monday, 23 January 2017

3 after shower steps to smooth skin and hair



Living in an island has a lot of advantages. Short trip to the beach, meet a lot of people that are coming as tourist and all year mild weather are some of them. But as much as I enjoy the good things about it, ever since I moved to Corfu a few years ago to study my hair and my skin have been drier than ever. The guilty? The water.



After every shower my hair and skin tend to suffer from the incredibly hard water here. I have heard of some shower heads that are supposed to help the situation, but until they are easier to get to here are my three steps to pretty hydrated, smooth and shiny skin and hair.
  1. Use hair mask instead of conditioner and don't forget to use some hair oil after you get out of the shower. This will help you hair become super soft and they will smell amazing. It also helps with breakage. Using an oil instead of a cream will also help in the shiny factor too.
  2. Moisturise your body. It's a step most people say they forget but honestly it's my favourite after shower activity. I prefer body butters all year round over anything else. I love how smooth they make your skin, how little amount of them you need and how wonderful they make my skin and clothes smell. I also find that they act a subtle perfume throughout the day. 
  3. Lastly don't forget to moisturise your face. Ever since I've been consistent with moisturising my face I have seen great results. My skin is not as oily as it used to be, I have less lines and my skin feels great. I personally prefer a moisturiser with SPF in the winter so that I don't use sunscreen but I still keep my skin protected.

What are your tricks for smooth skin and hair? Do you have an after-shower routine?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always smile when I read your comments and appreciate and answer every one of them! Feel free to leave a link to your blog!
Πάντα χαμογελάω όταν διαβάζω τα σχόλιά σας, τα εκτιμώ απίστευτα και απαντάω σε όλα! Μπορείτε αν θέλετε να αφήσετε σύνδεσμο για το blog σας!