Monday, 24 April 2017

Garnier Botanic Therapy Honey Treasures shampoo and conditioner



Me and my hair don't really get along.

Maybe it's me keeping them long and dying them (pink hair come at a cost). Maybe it's the hard water of Corfu and Rhodes. But having oily skin (making my scalp oily as well) and dry ends with thin hair is not a nice story.



I've tried going with the traditional oily hair shampoo and dry hair conditioner or mask, but I've decided to go back to dry hair shampoo since I found out that the ones for oily hair dried out my hair too much. So I picked up this garnier Botanic Therapy Honey Treasures shampoo and conditioner at the supermarket a few days ago and thought I'd give you my opinion on having tried them for a few weeks now.

It's main ingredients are honey, royal jelly and propolis which whenever I've used on my skin and hair I've loved. Propolis is great for acne among others and honey is truly nourishing and hydrating. I thing I was mainly drawn to this range by the ingredients other than anything else.


Shampoo 

Prices vary from 2,99 to to 4,02 but in my opinion it's quite expensive for a shampoo even if it's considered normal here in Greece.

But let's get to the actual shampoo, first of all it has no paraben and on the back it says that garnier creates its new transformative blend designed to repair the damaged hair prone to breakage with: Royal Jelly, reputed as a revitalising elixir.  Propolis believed to act as a protective barrier on the hair. Honey, known for its nourishing and softening properties. 
The heavenly creamy formula, with it's irresistible fragrance, creates a generous foam and weightlessly fortifies hair from root to tip. Hair looks stronger, shinier, easy to detangle and soft to touch. 
It also claims that it doesn't weight hair down, which to be honest having thin hair I'm not too sure of. Sure it doesn't really weight hair but it isn't light either. The scent is trully up my alley. Very sweet and honey-like, makes your hair smell great for days.

Results: I've used it for about two weeks now but I'm taking frequent showers so I've already seen a difference. My hair are definitelly softer and my dry ends seem to be in a little bit better position. My hair also smell awesome and they are really easy to detangle. On the cons I would put that they get greasy faster and they feel a little heavier. However that was something expected of my hair and scalp. All in all I'm really enjoying this shampoo, I would repurchase it if I didn't want to try other brands but there are many others that I want to try.

All in all I would give it a 4/5 rating. Gives me almost anything I want out of a shampoo.

Ingredients: water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Amodimethicone, PEG-180, CI 19140, CI 15985, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Trideceth-6, Salicylic acid, honey, limonene, benzyl alcohol, benzyl salicylate, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Propolis Extract, Carbomer, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric acid, Coumarin, Royal Jelly, Fragrance

Conditioner

 Price here is around 3,50 which I also find kind of OK to expensive. But again for Greece it's affordable.

It also has no paraben and it is formulated with Royal Jelly, popular for its property to strengthen the hair from the roots. Propolis, known for its great protective properties. Honey, known for its excellent nourishing and hydrating properties. 
It claims that your hair become easy to detangle, protected, nourished and stronger. Day by day, they become shinier, incredibly softer and more elastic, truly easier to detangle. They shine beautifully. 
It also claims that it doesn't weight down your hair which is actually true for this conditioner.

Results: Softer hair and more hydrated. However having gone from a hair mask to a coditioner I definitelly find the hydration lacking a bit, just because it's not a mask. However for what it is it's trully great. I like it a lot.

All in all I would give it a rating of 4/5. Gives me great results for a conditioner.

Ingredients: water, cetyl alcohol, PEG-180, CI 19140, CI 15985, palm oil, alcohol, hydroxyethylcellulose, dodecene, stearyl alcohol, honey, chlorhexidine digluconate, poloxamer 407, limonene, benzyl alcohol, benzyl salicylate, isopropyl myristate, isostrearyl alcohol, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, propolis extract, myristyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, cetyl esters, BHT, citric acid, Lauryl PEG, Coumarin, Royal Jelly, Glycerin, Fragrance

I can say I'm pretty pleased by both product and I would probably repurchase them both.
Which shampoo and/or conditioner are you using at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always smile when I read your comments and appreciate and answer every one of them! Feel free to leave a link to your blog!
Πάντα χαμογελάω όταν διαβάζω τα σχόλιά σας, τα εκτιμώ απίστευτα και απαντάω σε όλα! Μπορείτε αν θέλετε να αφήσετε σύνδεσμο για το blog σας!